Deputies: Suspected drunk driver runs red light, causes fatal crash in northwest Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspected drunken driver was charged Sunday after he allegedly ran a red light in northwest Harris County, causing an accident that ejected and killed one of his passengers.
The crash happened around 8pm Saturday in the 15000 block of West Little York near Addicks Satsuma.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Jose Garcia was driving a white Dodge pickup truck westbound on West Little York when he ran a red light and entered the path of a gray Lexus SUV.
The SUV slammed into the left side of Garcia's truck, officials said. The truck flipped and a man inside -- identified by HCSO as Chase Grbic -- was ejected. Grbic was rushed to North Cypress Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Deputies said Garcia and another passenger were not injured. Garcia reportedly showed signs of impairment, and he was charged with intoxication manslaughter.
Two people in the SUV were treated at the scene and released.
This case case remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive