Woman headed to Houston Medical Center for treatment dies on flight
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are awaiting autopsy results in the death of a woman aboard a Qatar Airways flight enroute to Houston about 1pm last Friday.
Police say Fatimah M. Alsiari, 49, of Saudia Arabia, was pronounced deceased during Qatar Airways flight #QR077 to Houston. Alsiari was on her way to be treated in the Houston Medical Center for an undisclosed illness.
A doctor treated her on board the plane and pronounced her deceased about 10 hours into the flight.
Police say Alsiari's death appears to be from natural causes, but her official cause of death is pending an autopsy by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 47 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911 14 min ago
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 4 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student