Galveston County deputy accused of assaulting couple in Texas City apartment
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A deputy for Galveston County has found himself on the other side of the law, accused in a weekend assault.
Just before midnight Sunday, Texas City police officers were called to the Memorial Oaks apartment complex in the 6600 block of Memorial Drive. They found a man and a woman who had been assaulted.
Galveston County Precinct 3 Deputy Constable Bobby James Fonteno, 42, was arrested and charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault. His bond was set at $10,000.
The investigation into the case is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 24 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 12 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out