Galveston County deputy accused of assaulting couple in Texas City apartment
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A deputy for Galveston County has found himself on the other side of the law, accused in a weekend assault.
Just before midnight Sunday, Texas City police officers were called to the Memorial Oaks apartment complex in the 6600 block of Memorial Drive. They found a man and a woman who had been assaulted.
Galveston County Precinct 3 Deputy Constable Bobby James Fonteno, 42, was arrested and charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault. His bond was set at $10,000.
The investigation into the case is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 16 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer