National gun control group brings fight to Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lemonade for more gun control -- that was the message a group of moms brought to Houston City Hall.
On Tuesday afternoon, the group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America brought its national campaign to Houston. Its members want Congress to pass legislation that will require background checks for all gun purchases.
Right now, certain transactions, like private sales at gun shows and private sales over the Internet, are exempt from background checks.
Back in April, senators rejected a plan that would have expanded background checks.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- New details in case of women found dead by dumpster 3 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 35 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 12 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 19 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 28 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo? 53 min ago