Girl, 4, struck by car being driven by 12-year-old in Dayton
DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- A four-year-old girl was transported to the Texas Medical Center after she was struck by a car driven by a 12-year-old in Dayton last night.
According to deputies with the Liberty County Sheriff's Office, the 12-year-old girl was driving her family's car from the house on County Road 604 near U.S. 90 to the barn at around 8pm to move some water bottles.
Deputies say other kids in the family were joking around, jumping on the car as she was driving. At some point during the short drive, the girl's four-year-old sister was run over.
"She drove the 40 yards down to the barn and as she stepped out, the other children began screaming and yelling," said Captain Ken Defoor with the Liberty County Sheriff's Department. "She looked out the front of the car and found her four-year-old sister pinned under one of the wheels."
Deputies say the girl was taken by Life Flight to the hospital. She was conscious and communication when she was transported. Authorities say no one at this point is facing criminal charges. They say it looks like just an unfortunate accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 7 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue 4 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 44 min ago
- Ice to linger over much of Texas 57 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats