Los Angeles-bound passenger train strikes, kills bicyclist in Stafford
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A passenger train passing through Stafford Wednesday night struck and killed a bike rider.
It happened around 8pm at Highway 90 and FM 1092.
Amtrak Spokesman Cliff Cole says a Sunset Limited train was heading to Los Angeles from New Orleans when it struck a bicyclist riding on the inside lane of FM 1092.
Stafford police say they don't know exactly what happened but the crossing arms were down and working at the time.
About 100 passengers are on board the train, Neither they nor any crew members were injured.
The victim's identity has not yet been released and he's been described only as an elderly male.
The train stayed on the scene and passengers were being kept inside during the investigation. Crews shut down all lanes of Highway 90 at FM 1092.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 27 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 49 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 8 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug