Los Angeles-bound passenger train strikes, kills bicyclist in Stafford
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A passenger train passing through Stafford Wednesday night struck and killed a bike rider.
It happened around 8pm at Highway 90 and FM 1092.
Amtrak Spokesman Cliff Cole says a Sunset Limited train was heading to Los Angeles from New Orleans when it struck a bicyclist riding on the inside lane of FM 1092.
Stafford police say they don't know exactly what happened but the crossing arms were down and working at the time.
About 100 passengers are on board the train, Neither they nor any crew members were injured.
The victim's identity has not yet been released and he's been described only as an elderly male.
The train stayed on the scene and passengers were being kept inside during the investigation. Crews shut down all lanes of Highway 90 at FM 1092.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 59 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 23 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 20 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student