Hundreds of roosters confiscated in N. Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies say hundreds of roosters, along with illegal drugs, were found at a north Harris County property last week, and now charges are pending against two men.
The discovery was made August 23 as deputies were responding to a kidnapping call in the 14000 block of Sellers Road. They didn't find any evidence of a kidnapping, but they say they did find 377 roosters in cages, three kilos of cocaine, marijuana and more than $40,000 in cash.
According to investigators, the roosters were used for illegal cock-fighting. The roosters were confiscated and turned over to the SPCA.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home