Coast Guard searching for missing fisherman off Bolivar Peninsula
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- The Coast Guard is searching for a missing fisherman after they discovered his homemade-looking craft empty near the Bolivar Ferry terminal.
A Coast Guard crew from Station Galveston found the boat shortly before 9:30am Wednesday, and authorities began searching for its owner after they found bait and a bamboo pole inside it.
The Coast Guard says the missing man has been described as of Asian descent, about 50 years old. They believe he may have gonna missing off Bolivar Peninsula.
The Coast Guard requests that if anyone has seen the missing man or knows who he is, they should contact the Sector Houston-Galveston watchstanders at 713-671-5113.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 9 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 7 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center