Coast Guard searching for missing fisherman off Bolivar Peninsula
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- The Coast Guard is searching for a missing fisherman after they discovered his homemade-looking craft empty near the Bolivar Ferry terminal.
A Coast Guard crew from Station Galveston found the boat shortly before 9:30am Wednesday, and authorities began searching for its owner after they found bait and a bamboo pole inside it.
The Coast Guard says the missing man has been described as of Asian descent, about 50 years old. They believe he may have gonna missing off Bolivar Peninsula.
The Coast Guard requests that if anyone has seen the missing man or knows who he is, they should contact the Sector Houston-Galveston watchstanders at 713-671-5113.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 27 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California
- Extremely rare indentical triplets born
38 min ago