Coast Guard searching for missing fisherman off Bolivar Peninsula
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- The Coast Guard is searching for a missing fisherman after they discovered his homemade-looking craft empty near the Bolivar Ferry terminal.
A Coast Guard crew from Station Galveston found the boat shortly before 9:30am Wednesday, and authorities began searching for its owner after they found bait and a bamboo pole inside it.
The Coast Guard says the missing man has been described as of Asian descent, about 50 years old. They believe he may have gonna missing off Bolivar Peninsula.
The Coast Guard requests that if anyone has seen the missing man or knows who he is, they should contact the Sector Houston-Galveston watchstanders at 713-671-5113.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home