HPD: Construction worker falls 10 stories to his death
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating the falling death of a construction worker in southwest Houston.
It happened at a construction site in the 3800 block of West Alabama near Weslayan.
Authorities say the worker fell 10 stories down an elevator shaft of a high rise under construction.
Houston firefighters are still recovering his body, which landed in a 10-foot depression below the first floor of the building.
The victim's identity has not yet been released, and he's been described only as a Hispanic man.
The work site has been shut down as authorities continue their investigation. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is also at the scene.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods