Mattress Mack undergoes heart procedure at St. Luke's Hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Gallery Furniture owner "Mattress Mack" Jim McIngvale says he's recovering from a heart procedure.
Mattress Mack tweeted that he underwent a procedure on his heart Thursday at the Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke's Hospital for a condition called PFO.
According to MayoClinic.com, PFO, or patent foramen ovale, is a congenital condition that occurs when a hole in the heart doesn't close properly after birth.
McIngvale's spokeswoman, Jessica Manning, says McIngvale discovered the condition while he was at the Heart Institute for routine checks and decided to get the procedure.
Manning says he's talking and alert and doing just fine. She says he is expected to be back at the store in a few days and could be released from the hospital as early as Friday.
McIngvale concluded his tweet with, "Looking fwd to getting back to work soon."
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 42 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 48 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos