Mattress Mack undergoes heart procedure at St. Luke's Hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Gallery Furniture owner "Mattress Mack" Jim McIngvale says he's recovering from a heart procedure.
Mattress Mack tweeted that he underwent a procedure on his heart Thursday at the Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke's Hospital for a condition called PFO.
According to MayoClinic.com, PFO, or patent foramen ovale, is a congenital condition that occurs when a hole in the heart doesn't close properly after birth.
McIngvale's spokeswoman, Jessica Manning, says McIngvale discovered the condition while he was at the Heart Institute for routine checks and decided to get the procedure.
Manning says he's talking and alert and doing just fine. She says he is expected to be back at the store in a few days and could be released from the hospital as early as Friday.
McIngvale concluded his tweet with, "Looking fwd to getting back to work soon."
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 3 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 42 min ago
- Recognize either of these guys?
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves