Mattress Mack undergoes heart procedure at St. Luke's Hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Gallery Furniture owner "Mattress Mack" Jim McIngvale says he's recovering from a heart procedure.
Mattress Mack tweeted that he underwent a procedure on his heart Thursday at the Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke's Hospital for a condition called PFO.
According to MayoClinic.com, PFO, or patent foramen ovale, is a congenital condition that occurs when a hole in the heart doesn't close properly after birth.
McIngvale's spokeswoman, Jessica Manning, says McIngvale discovered the condition while he was at the Heart Institute for routine checks and decided to get the procedure.
Manning says he's talking and alert and doing just fine. She says he is expected to be back at the store in a few days and could be released from the hospital as early as Friday.
McIngvale concluded his tweet with, "Looking fwd to getting back to work soon."
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo