Suspect shot during attempted robbery at southeast Houston gameroom
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating after shots rang out at a gameroom on the city's southeast side Friday afternoon.
It happened during an attempted robbery at this game room off Klecky Road, and the suspect was shot at least one time. We're told he's been taken to Ben Taub General Hospital. A security guard on the scene says the man tried to push his way into the gameroom and started firing shots in the air.
This all comes the night after our 13 Undercover hidden-camera investigation revealed gamerooms operating as illegal casinos and paying out cash to gamblers. The large amounts of cash make these operations targets for robberies, although we have no evidence that illegal gambling was going on at the gameroom where Friday's shooting took place.
During our investigation we heard lots of stories of violence at these gamerooms.
Coming up next week, we'll take a more in depth look at the types of crimes that happen at these operations and whether police are doing doing enough to shut down these illegal gambling operations.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, brian collister
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Will the mascots remain the same?
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death 42 min ago
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond 25 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive? 24 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- House approves budget bill; now goes to Senate 41 min ago
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
4 min ago