Police: Teen fatally shot outside home in northeast Houston; 5 juveniles detained for questioning
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating what led up to a fatal shooting overnight in northeast Houston.
According to investigators, a male was shot around 12:30am in the back yard of a home on Nyssa near Trumpet in northeast Houston.
Five people were detained for questioning, but police have to get permission from a judge before talking to them about what happened because they are reportedly underage. Investigators said they are all friends.
The shooting victim -- who officials said was between the ages of 17 and 19 -- was taken to LBJ Hospital for surgery and later died.
It's unclear whether any parents were around at the time of the shooting. At last check, no weapon had been recovered from the scene.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 52 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 2 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond