Bubba the sheep finds a new home in Durham
DURHAM, N.C. -- Bubba the sheep is still on the lam, but he has relocated.
After seeing the sheep's picture on TV, an ABC11 viewer spotted Bubba on a front porch at an abandoned house off of Cornwallis Road.
Animal control went to the porch where Bubba had taken up residence, and confirmed it was him. Still, they were unsuccessful in capturing him.
Bubba's story started when one woman complained about the animal spending a lot of time in her backyard on Odyssey Street.
Since then, several rumors surfaced about the animal's future. Although at first there were fears that the ram might be aggressive, residents quickly learned that Bubba, as they named him, was no bully.
Animal control came out and tried to corral the animal on Monday, but Bubba ran away and hadn't been seen since.
On Friday, the Durham County Sheriff's Office dispelled rumors that they were going to put the animal down.
Neighbors in the area say they've found a farmer who's willing to come take Bubba back to his farm once he is located.
durham county news, local/state
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 13 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 39 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 7 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 4 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
35 min ago