Statement from Sheriff Garcia
Statement from the Harris County Sheriff on the passing of District Attorney Mike Anderson:
As Sheriff of Harris County and on behalf of the entire Harris County Sheriff's Office I wish to extend prayers and condolences to the entire Anderson family, and our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time.
We are all grateful for his years of integrity-driven and dedicated public service, and he and his leadership will be missed.
To the members of the Harris County District Attorney's Office, our hearts and prayers are with you and we thank you for your service and dedication to the citizens of our community, Mike Anderson wanted nothing more than a safe community and he knew he could count on you to achieve that goal.
We will continue to work to ensure that the citizens and victims of crime are served and protected as he would want us to do.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 7 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 1 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
31 min ago