Statement from Sheriff Garcia
Statement from the Harris County Sheriff on the passing of District Attorney Mike Anderson:
As Sheriff of Harris County and on behalf of the entire Harris County Sheriff's Office I wish to extend prayers and condolences to the entire Anderson family, and our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time.
We are all grateful for his years of integrity-driven and dedicated public service, and he and his leadership will be missed.
To the members of the Harris County District Attorney's Office, our hearts and prayers are with you and we thank you for your service and dedication to the citizens of our community, Mike Anderson wanted nothing more than a safe community and he knew he could count on you to achieve that goal.
We will continue to work to ensure that the citizens and victims of crime are served and protected as he would want us to do.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos