Statement from Sheriff Garcia
Statement from the Harris County Sheriff on the passing of District Attorney Mike Anderson:
As Sheriff of Harris County and on behalf of the entire Harris County Sheriff's Office I wish to extend prayers and condolences to the entire Anderson family, and our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time.
We are all grateful for his years of integrity-driven and dedicated public service, and he and his leadership will be missed.
To the members of the Harris County District Attorney's Office, our hearts and prayers are with you and we thank you for your service and dedication to the citizens of our community, Mike Anderson wanted nothing more than a safe community and he knew he could count on you to achieve that goal.
We will continue to work to ensure that the citizens and victims of crime are served and protected as he would want us to do.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents die from blunt force trauma 13 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 2 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach 53 min ago
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 49 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
31 min ago