Good Samaritans, Coast Guard pull disabled boat to safety off Freeport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A few good Samaritans off of the coast of Freeport helped tow fellow boaters to safety Saturday.
The crew of a sailboat found and helped tow a disabled boat and two people after they became stranded.
The sailboat crew didn't have enough fuel to tow them all the way to shore, so they notified the Coast Guard before getting them to an oil platform about 20 miles offshore.
A boat crew from Station Freeport met them at the platform and towed the disabled boat and its crew to Bridge Bait marina in Freeport.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Coach accused of tattooing a minor 25 min ago
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 45 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak 47 min ago