1 killed, 2 injured in shooting outside southwest Houston strip club
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person was dead and two others were in the hospital Sunday after shots rang out in front of a southwest Houston strip club.
It happened around 5:30am in the 6300 block of Richmond Avenue at Unity near Hillcroft, just outside the Legends club.
Police said the victims in this case appear to have been clearly targeted.
"Two were transported to Ben Taub Hospital, and one is deceased here at the scene," HPD Homicide Ofc. Ramon Cervantes said.
Police say three men in a white Mercedes and one man in a car in front of them were waiting in a line of vehicles to get into the strip club. As the victims were waiting, the shooters pulled up in two vehicles and stopped in the street. Several people reportedly got out with guns, approached the two cars in line and unloaded their weapons into both vehicles.
"According to the witness we've spoken to, there's at least three or four shooters," Cervantes said. "Three or four shooters, and he reports up to 30 shots being fired."
Detectives say the victims were at another strip before coming to Legends, but they also told officers they hadn't had any trouble along the way.
A man who goes by "J-Boss" says he was with the victims -- friends of his -- earlier in the night.
"No problems at all. We had a peaceful night; a peaceful night," he said. "So that's what's really killing me, because I don't know where it could have come from."
J-Boss said he parted ways with his friends before they came to Legends, but then heard about the shooting.
"I needed to know what really happened. I didn't know who was all here, who was hurt and all that stuff, so I left from my house and came back out," J-Boss said. "I couldn't sleep without knowing what the true story was."
Detectives say one of the men who was targeted got lucky and suffered only minor cuts from glass fragments. Unfortunately, they say he didn't get a good look at the man who shot at him.
"His face was covered with a black bandana and a black cap, so he didn't have a good description of him," Cervantes said.
No one is in custody at this time. Anyone with information can call HPD or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 57 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 42 min ago
- Man says found treasure should be his 24 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southwest Houston 13 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
56 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
51 min ago