Northwest Harris County home for sale burns in two-alarm blaze
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- When a two-story house for sale in northwest Harris County went up in flames early this morning, firefighters had two goals: keep the flames from spreading and save a woman who was trapped in her home next door.
The two-alarm fire started at a home on Saint Emilion Court just before 2am, and the flames quickly spread throughout the entire house. When crews arrived, flames were already shooting through the roof.
Klein firefighters evacuated some homes nearby and rescued one woman who uses a wheelchair who couldn't escape on her own.
"I couldn't get out of the house, so there were sparks and ash coming up high all over," Marie Ishee said. "So the EMS put a shirt over me so I wouldn't get burned and rolled me over here."
No one was hurt. The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 45 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale 11 min ago
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 33 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos