Power outage at Hobby Airport slows security, ticket lines
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A power outage at Hobby Airport slowed security and ticket lines Sunday morning.
An airport spokesperson says Hobby was running on a backup generator while crews worked to troubleshoot the problem.
Hundreds of passengers had to go through a manual security check. That led to long lines and some frustrated passengers.
One woman told us she'd been in line for 45 minutes and still wasn't finished.
"Flight leaves at 10:55, and I still ain't made it through here. Did the bag check at 8:55," she said. "Come on, now. How much time does it take?"
The airport says the outage lasted about an hour.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 35 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows 50 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail