Police officer injured in crash with suspected drunk driver in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston police officer was hospitalized after his patrol car was rear-ended by suspected drunken driver last night.
The accident happened around 10pm in the 9000 block of the Southwest Freeway near Gessner.
According to police, the officer was in his patrol vehicle when a driver slammed into him from behind. The officer suffered minor injuries and was transported to Memorial Hermann Southwest. He has since been released.
Investigators said the other driver was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail