Police officer injured in crash with suspected drunk driver in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston police officer was hospitalized after his patrol car was rear-ended by suspected drunken driver last night.
The accident happened around 10pm in the 9000 block of the Southwest Freeway near Gessner.
According to police, the officer was in his patrol vehicle when a driver slammed into him from behind. The officer suffered minor injuries and was transported to Memorial Hermann Southwest. He has since been released.
Investigators said the other driver was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 37 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 18 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 8 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret