Man dies in fiery single-vehicle crash on Katy Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver was killed early Sunday in a fiery single-vehicle crash on the Katy Freeway.
It happened around 6:25am in the 14500 block of the Katy Freeway near Highway 6.
According to Houston police, a gray Honda SUV driven by 50-year-old man veered sharply to the right, slammed into a concrete barrier and then went airborne. The vehicle flipped across the main lanes of freeway and caught fire.
The man was transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he later died.
The victim has not been identified. Police said they are awaiting toxicology results to determine the cause of the accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 11 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd