Man dies in fiery single-vehicle crash on Katy Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver was killed early Sunday in a fiery single-vehicle crash on the Katy Freeway.
It happened around 6:25am in the 14500 block of the Katy Freeway near Highway 6.
According to Houston police, a gray Honda SUV driven by 50-year-old man veered sharply to the right, slammed into a concrete barrier and then went airborne. The vehicle flipped across the main lanes of freeway and caught fire.
The man was transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he later died.
The victim has not been identified. Police said they are awaiting toxicology results to determine the cause of the accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos