Houston church collects 10,000 shoes for orphans around the world
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Orphans around the world will be getting new shoes from Houston.
Volunteers at South Main Baptist Church collected 10,000 shoes for Buckner International's "Shoes for Orphan Souls" program.
They sorted and boxed the shoes, which will be shipped to a warehouse in Dallas and then distributed to children in the U.S. and 70 other countries.
The church says they have collected more than 100,000 shoes in the past 13 years.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 48 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 8 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub 11 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out