Houston church collects 10,000 shoes for orphans around the world
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Orphans around the world will be getting new shoes from Houston.
Volunteers at South Main Baptist Church collected 10,000 shoes for Buckner International's "Shoes for Orphan Souls" program.
They sorted and boxed the shoes, which will be shipped to a warehouse in Dallas and then distributed to children in the U.S. and 70 other countries.
The church says they have collected more than 100,000 shoes in the past 13 years.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 5 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Harris Co. GOP sues Houston over same-sex benefits
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Suit: Fire risk known before Carnival ship sailed from Galveston 10 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Houston hotel displays half-ton chocolate Santa 17 min ago
- 800 firefighters battle late fall fire in Big Sur 27 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- DA tries again to put 'affluenza' teen behind bars
- Tougher new rules for game rooms
- Saban: 'There were no talks' with Texas