Homeowner returns from vacation to find northwest Harris County home burned
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A northeast Harris County homeowner returned home from vacation to a burned home.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home on Dennis Way near Gerngross Lane around 11am Monday. They say the people living there had gone to Louisiana for Labor Day weekend, and no one was at home at the time of the fire.
The top floor appears to have heavy damage, but authorities say it was not a total loss.
The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible this morning 54 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 4 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 43 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 39 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 30 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
53 min ago