Homeowner returns from vacation to find northwest Harris County home burned
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A northeast Harris County homeowner returned home from vacation to a burned home.
A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the home on Dennis Way near Gerngross Lane around 11am Monday. They say the people living there had gone to Louisiana for Labor Day weekend, and no one was at home at the time of the fire.
The top floor appears to have heavy damage, but authorities say it was not a total loss.
The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 12 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter! 9 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck