Football player injured during game in Jersey Village
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young athlete has been hurt during a football game this evening.
Life Flight was called to the Jersey Village High School stadium to transport a boy who suffered head or neck injuries while playing football.
A spokesperson for Cy-Fair ISD said the Jersey Village junior varsity team was playing Tomball when a ninth grade player for the visiting team was injured. The boy was taken to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he's listed in good condition.
Officials have not released the boy's name.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home