UH students warned of cell phone thefts
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Students at the University of Houston are advised to be on alert. Campus police are warning about cell phone thieves.
Police are investigating a series of thefts that have occurred over the past couple of weeks. In each incident, the suspect approaches a student, asks to borrow their phone and then runs off with it.
Police say they're looking for Michael Montes in connection with the thefts. They believe he's responsible for one theft, but he may be involved with more. Police are warning students to stay alert.
Bret Collier with the University of Houston police said, "The beginning of the year is always a hectic time for students. Their attention is elsewhere. We just ask that they be aware of their surroundings as they're using their cell phones."
If you know where Montes is, University of Houston police want to hear from you.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- American Meb Keflizighi wins Boston Marathon 26 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys
- Woman would rather be evicted than quit smoking 9 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
27 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos