Southwest flight takes off with cargo door open
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There was a shocking sight for some folks at Hobby Airport Thursday evening, as they watched a plane take off with a cargo door open.
Southwest Airlines tells us that an indicator light came on right after Flight 48 from Houston to Dallas took off. As a precaution, the captain decided to go back and have the door checked.
Jeff Weingart was killing time at the airport when he saw it all unfold.
"I couldn't believe my eyes," he said. "I couldn't believe a plane as sophisticated as they are would take off with the cargo door open."
Southwest says no one was hurt, and maintenance was called out to check the door.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse