Police: 2 arrested in deadly Denny's robbery in west Houston, 3rd suspect remains at large
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say two people are now in custody for the murder of a Denny's customer who gave his life protecting children in the restaurant, but they are trying to track down another suspect and identify the getaway driver.
Police identified the suspects in custody Saturday morning as Corey Hilton, 20, and Mario Hilton, 18. Both were arrested and charged with capital murder in the 182nd State District Court.
Investigators are still looking for a third man they believe was also involved in that deadly robbery.
A capital murder charge has been filed and an arrest warrant has been issued for 20-year-old Kenya D. Jackson.
Police believe Jackson, Corey Hilton and Mario Hilton walked into the Denny's restaurant near Interstate 10 and Washington Avenue wearing masks and bandanas. All three were armed, and two of them immediately started shooting.
Robert Greig Placette was shot while shielding children from the bullets. He later died at an area hospital. Placette, 64, was a father, grandfather, small business owner and military veteran.
A restaurant employee was also shot and is recovering.
Police are also looking for the getaway driver, whom they have not yet identified.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jackson or on the identity of the fourth suspect is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 11 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 17 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond