Galveston County woman allegedly shoots, kills husband during heated altercation at their home near Santa Fe
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- Officials say a Galveston County woman will be charged with murder after she allegedly shot her husband during a heated altercation early Saturday.
It happened just before 2am at the couple's home in the 7300 block of Avenue M at 33rd Street in an unincorporated area of Santa Fe.
Galveston County Sheriff's Office deputies said Candido Mohedano and his wife, Sandra, had been out with family members Friday evening. When they arrived at home, they began fighting for unknown reasons.
The fight escalated and, at some point, investigators said Sandra Mohedano pulled out a .410 shotgun and fired, shooting her husband in the upper torso.
Candido Mohedano, 45, was taken by Life Flight to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
GCSO officials tell us Sandra Mohedano will be charged with murder, and bond will be set at $150,000. Deputies said she was not in jail Saturday night because of an illness she claimed upon arrival. Instead, she was being treated at the UTMB under the guard of GCSO deputies.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home