Two police officers injured in crash in southeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two on-duty police officers were injured Sunday in a southeast Houston collision.
It happened around 3:30pm on Crestmont at Belcrest Street.
According to investigators, the officers were en route to a call when they collided with another vehicle.
Witness Carolyn Riley tells us the HPD patrol car was speeding northbound on Crestmont with no lights or sirens when it struck a silver car, which was inching past a stop sign.
Riley said the patrol car hit the other vehicle so hard that it slid on its side and then hit a tree where it fell back upright.
"When he hit her, he hit the front of her side and he flipped on one side and hit the tree and came back down," she said.
Both officers were injured, along with the driver of the silver car. All three were transported to the hospital. Officials said none of their injuries appeared to be life-threatening.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 44 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Residents say raw sewage is seeping into homes
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station 34 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Sarah Palin to host outdoors show 11 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- IAH passengers struggle to reach destinations
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach