HPD: Four men in stolen car slam into Verizon store in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police caught three suspected burglars who slammed a car into a Verizon Wireless store in east Houston early this morning.
It happened around 3am on the East Freeway and Normandy. HPD officers were on patrol and saw a vehicle back into the store. Four male suspects fled, leaving a stolen PT Cruiser inside.
At least one suspect was taken into custody behind the store. The other three fled, jumping over a fence into a truck yard. Two of those suspects were apprehended by a K-9 unit. One suspect remains at large.
Police say the suspects weren't able to get away with any merchandise but they did leave behind some costly damages at the store.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 30 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended 45 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted 54 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 40 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond