HPD: Four men in stolen car slam into Verizon store in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police caught three suspected burglars who slammed a car into a Verizon Wireless store in east Houston early this morning.
It happened around 3am on the East Freeway and Normandy. HPD officers were on patrol and saw a vehicle back into the store. Four male suspects fled, leaving a stolen PT Cruiser inside.
At least one suspect was taken into custody behind the store. The other three fled, jumping over a fence into a truck yard. Two of those suspects were apprehended by a K-9 unit. One suspect remains at large.
Police say the suspects weren't able to get away with any merchandise but they did leave behind some costly damages at the store.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 26 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 6 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 43 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 36 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 7 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
36 min ago