HCSO deputy hits teen on his way to school in north Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teen on his way to school was struck by a deputy in north Harris County.
The accident happened around 6:30am on Spring Creek near Lynbriar. A 15-year-old Spring High School student was walking with friends to a bus stop when he was hit by the deputy. That stretch of road has no shoulder or sidewalk.
The boy was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office Traffic Enforcement Division is investigating this accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat