Fourth man arrested in connection to Denny's fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fourth suspect involved in the fatal robbery at a west Houston Denny's restaurant is now in police custody, according the Violent Offenders Task Force.
Authorities say 20-year-old Kenya Jackson turned himself into police this morning.
Police say suspects Corey and Mario Hilton and Jackson, were all wearing bandanas and masks, entered the Denny's restaurant off the Katy Freeway two weeks ago and immediately fired several shots. Mario and Corey Hilton, Leroy Houston and Kenya Jackson have all been charged with capital murder in connection to the Denny's ambush. Houston was identified by police as the getaway driver.
Investigators say the group of men stormed into the restaurant, robbed customers and shot and killed Robert Placette, as he tried to protect children during the robbery. The suspects also shot a restaurant employee.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 54 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 4 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 7 min ago
- Twin boys foil carjacking in San Antonio 15 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 17 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
30 min ago