Fourth man arrested in connection to Denny's fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fourth suspect involved in the fatal robbery at a west Houston Denny's restaurant is now in police custody, according the Violent Offenders Task Force.
Authorities say 20-year-old Kenya Jackson turned himself into police this morning.
Police say suspects Corey and Mario Hilton and Jackson, were all wearing bandanas and masks, entered the Denny's restaurant off the Katy Freeway two weeks ago and immediately fired several shots. Mario and Corey Hilton, Leroy Houston and Kenya Jackson have all been charged with capital murder in connection to the Denny's ambush. Houston was identified by police as the getaway driver.
Investigators say the group of men stormed into the restaurant, robbed customers and shot and killed Robert Placette, as he tried to protect children during the robbery. The suspects also shot a restaurant employee.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges 59 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire