Fourth man arrested in connection to Denny's fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fourth suspect involved in the fatal robbery at a west Houston Denny's restaurant is now in police custody, according the Violent Offenders Task Force.
Authorities say 20-year-old Kenya Jackson turned himself into police this morning.
Police say suspects Corey and Mario Hilton and Jackson, were all wearing bandanas and masks, entered the Denny's restaurant off the Katy Freeway two weeks ago and immediately fired several shots. Mario and Corey Hilton, Leroy Houston and Kenya Jackson have all been charged with capital murder in connection to the Denny's ambush. Houston was identified by police as the getaway driver.
Investigators say the group of men stormed into the restaurant, robbed customers and shot and killed Robert Placette, as he tried to protect children during the robbery. The suspects also shot a restaurant employee.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust 48 min ago
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 6 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course