Fourth man arrested in connection to Denny's fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fourth suspect involved in the fatal robbery at a west Houston Denny's restaurant is now in police custody, according the Violent Offenders Task Force.
Authorities say 20-year-old Kenya Jackson turned himself into police this morning.
Police say suspects Corey and Mario Hilton and Jackson, were all wearing bandanas and masks, entered the Denny's restaurant off the Katy Freeway two weeks ago and immediately fired several shots. Mario and Corey Hilton, Leroy Houston and Kenya Jackson have all been charged with capital murder in connection to the Denny's ambush. Houston was identified by police as the getaway driver.
Investigators say the group of men stormed into the restaurant, robbed customers and shot and killed Robert Placette, as he tried to protect children during the robbery. The suspects also shot a restaurant employee.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 7 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer