Man accused of breaking into church to pray
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives have arrested a man who allegedly broke into a Montgomery County church because he wanted to pray.
Juan Ramon Maldonado, 19, is charged with criminal trespass.
Detectives say a around 3pm Tuesday, a woman inside the church heard someone trying to break open the locked front doors. When the woman confronted Maldonado, he simply told her he "came to pray." The woman then left the church with her three children and called authorities.
When deputies arrived, they found Maldonado sitting at a piano. He then told deputies he "came to pray" and pulled on the church doors forcibly to enter the building.
He was then arrested and taken to the Montgomery County Jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 41 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 25 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images 16 min ago
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Police: Red light runner caused wreck in downtown Houston 51 min ago