Man accused of sex abuse of 6-year-old girl a decade ago
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 56-year-old man has been charged with sexually abusing a child in Harris County about a decade ago.
Jesse Alan Sirgant, of Corpus Christi, is accused of sexually abusing a girl who was the child of a family friend, beginning when she was just six years old.
Sheriff's investigators say the girl, who is 16 now, made an outcry to her doctor and parents that she was abused when she was a small child. The incidents reportedly took place in 2003 and 2004. According to court documents, the girl was afraid that she would be placed in a foster home if authorities were notified.
Sirgant is in jail, being held on a $90,000 bond. He's charged with continuous sexual abuse of a child.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course