Waller County deputy facing sex charges involving young child
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Waller County deputy has been arrested for indecency with a child with sexual contact.
Johnny Gonzales, 49, is a deputy at the Waller County Sheriff's Office. He's accused of having sexual contact with a child.
"He should uphold the law," said neighbor Laurence Mays. "There's no excuse for that type of behavior."
Gonzales has entered a not guilty plea and is out of jail on a $75,000 bond. And his attorney tells us he didn't do anything wrong.
On Thursday he didn't answer his door when we knocked.
Prosecutors allege Gonzales inappropriately touched a young child last fall. The child is so young that testifying at trial is not likely.
Meanwhile, the Waller County Sheriff has temporarily reassigned Gonzales from night patrol to the jail division. The office is conducting its own investigation.
"You have to have due process and he hasn't, obviously, had due process," said Mays. "So the law works for us and sometimes maybe not so much."
Gonzales is due back in Montgomery County District Court on September 25, and his trial date is set for January 2014. The alleged victim is not expected to testify due to age.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake