Waller County deputy facing sex charges involving young child
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Waller County deputy has been arrested for indecency with a child with sexual contact.
Johnny Gonzales, 49, is a deputy at the Waller County Sheriff's Office. He's accused of having sexual contact with a child.
"He should uphold the law," said neighbor Laurence Mays. "There's no excuse for that type of behavior."
Gonzales has entered a not guilty plea and is out of jail on a $75,000 bond. And his attorney tells us he didn't do anything wrong.
On Thursday he didn't answer his door when we knocked.
Prosecutors allege Gonzales inappropriately touched a young child last fall. The child is so young that testifying at trial is not likely.
Meanwhile, the Waller County Sheriff has temporarily reassigned Gonzales from night patrol to the jail division. The office is conducting its own investigation.
"You have to have due process and he hasn't, obviously, had due process," said Mays. "So the law works for us and sometimes maybe not so much."
Gonzales is due back in Montgomery County District Court on September 25, and his trial date is set for January 2014. The alleged victim is not expected to testify due to age.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident