Defense contractor BAE Systems in Sealy to cut jobs
SEALY, TX (KTRK) -- More job cuts are coming to defense contractor BAE Systems in Sealy.
The company announced plans to reduce its workforce over the next four months. BAE will cut about 140 jobs over that time period.
BAE blames the cuts on a downturn in defense spending and a decrease in the company's tactical wheeled vehicle business.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide 5 min ago
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child 33 min ago
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- House fire claims woman's life in NE Harris Co. 55 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- Police: 2 people killed after Utah rock slide 59 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos