Driver crashes into garage after being startled by gunfire in N. Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver who crashed into a building in north Harris County last night says he was startled by a neighbor's gunfire, police say.
The driver crashed into the side of a garage at some apartments on Hollow Tree near the North Freeway.
According to deputies, a neighbor stepped out of his home and opened fire on a man who was breaking into his vehicle. A driver happened to be passing by, got scared and hit the gas. That's when he lost control and hit the garage.
No one was hurt. That burglar got away.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights 21 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers 20 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids