Woman allegedly opens fire on husband in car in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is recovering in the hospital after deputies say he was shot by his wife late last night. Investigators say the shooting happened while the victim was driving down a north Harris County street.
It all happened a little after 11pm. Deputies say the man and woman were driving south on Imperial Valley and apparently had some kind of disagreement inside the car.
The man told officers the woman pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and shot him.
After he was shot, deputies say the man jumped out of the car and staggered to a Little Caesar's restaurant, where he asked employees to call for help. The car continued south on Imperial Valley and crashed.
At that point, the woman jumped out and tried to get away on foot. Officers found her and took her into custody.
Deputies say the man was shot in the arm and abdomen. He was taken to Ben Taub Hospital and was last listed as stable. Deputies expect him to survive.
As for the woman, she will likely face assault charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 30 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker 50 min ago
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations