Baytown police: Naked man breaks water line in city building
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Baytown police say they arrested a naked man after he allegedly broke into the police department's community service building and broke a water line.
The arrest happened Saturday in the 200 block of West Defee after an off-duty police officer spotted water pouring out of the front of the building. The officer went inside to check it out and found the naked suspect, who's been identified as Jesus Lopez.
Lopez told authorities he got into the building through a second-story window, vandalized a kitchen area as well as another room. When he realized he couldn't get back out of the building, he tried to get into the ceiling and broke a water line.
Authorities say Lopez caused about $40,000 in damages.
The suspect was arrested on a charge of criminal trespassing and taken to a psychiatric center for some mental issues.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 38 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 46 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 39 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 13 min ago
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line 13 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 6 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 55 min ago
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case 21 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 23 min ago