Teen texts mom during armed robbery inside store
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men wearing bandanas over their faces held up the Family Dollar store in north Houston last night.
Harris County sheriff's deputies say it was around 8pm when two armed suspects walked into the store on Fairbanks North Houston Road and Rodney Ray.
Deputies say one of the robbers grabbed the store cashier, put her in a headlock and then put a gun to her head demanding cash.
Authorities say there were several customers inside the store, including a 13-year-old boy whose mother sent him inside to buy baby wipes. Deputies say as the robbery was going on, the boy was able to text his mother stating, 'We are being robbed.' She called authorities.
The store manager says both suspects ran out the back emergency door with about $1,000 in stolen cash and cigarettes. Deputies say the suspects took off in a waiting get-a-way car with a third suspect.
Deputies arrived on the scene. As one deputy took off with his lights and sirens to search for the suspects, a car crashed into his patrol car. Neither the deputy, the other driver nor the pregnant passenger in the car were hurt.
If you have any information on these suspects, you're being asked the call the Harris County Sheriff's Office at 713-221-6000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, samica knight
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 35 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side 3 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker truck 1 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her 44 min ago
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 42 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands