Katy ISD puts out two 'stranger danger' alerts
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Katy ISD police are putting out two 'stranger danger' alerts for incidents that happened near two schools Wednesday.
The first instance happened near Rylander Elementary at around 3:50pm. Three students were walking home along Falcon Landing Blvd. when they walked by a white van with the word 'mowing' on the side of it.
The kids say the man inside told them to get in because he was a friend of their parents and their parents had sent him to pick them up. One of the students reportedly screamed and they ran home with no further contact with the man.
The children describe the man as African-American with a dark complexion, balding or short hair and an accent.
The second incident happened near McRoberts Elementary at 4:23pm. Two students were walking home near Fry Road when they say a white van pulled up next to them. The driver reportedly told the two students to get in, that he would drive them home. The students say they said no and there was no further incident.
The children reported the van in this case had multi-color daycare markings. The only description of the person in the van was that he was a white male.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 37 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep 29 min ago
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month 26 min ago
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 45 min ago
- Sunday's mutton bustin' at RodeoHouston
48 min ago