Home invasion suspect poses as delivery man to trick victim into opening door
BELLAIRE, TX (KTRK) -- Bellaire police say a woman became the victim of a home invasion after a suspect posing as a delivery man tricked her into opening her front door.
It happened midday Wednesday in the 5400 block of Pocahontas.
Detectives say a man holding a small box and a sheet of paper knocked on the victim's door and said he had a delivery that required her signature. When the woman opened the door, the suspect grabbed her and forced her into a bedroom.
The suspect began rummaging through her belongings, and soon, he was joined by three other suspects. For 10 minutes, they went through her home, stealing jewelry and electronics.
After they were done, the suspect who posed as the delivery man took off in an older model, blue pickup truck. He's been described only as Hispanic.
The three other suspects left in a black Honda car. They've been described only as African American.
Detectives believe the victim was a random target.
Authorities say this incident is a reminder that residents shouldn't open their doors to strangers, and suspicious activity should be reported to the Bellaire Police Department at 713-662-8106.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 27 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns 4 min ago
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 16 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers 26 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market