HPD: Photo lineup leads to donut shop robbery suspect's ID
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives have filed charges against one of two suspects accused in the violent robbery of a donut shop in northwest Houston.
During the Monday morning robbery of a Shipley's on Little York, two gunmen ambushed employees after they opened and locked them in a back office.
HPD Capt. Lori Bender says they used a photo lineup to identify the suspect who allegedly fired a shot in the air, and the Harris County District Attorney's Office has accepted charges against him. His name has not yet been publicly released.
Police are still working to identify the second suspect in that case and working on another photo lineup to determine whether the suspects in this case are also responsible for a second violent robbery at another donut shop the next morning. In that robbery, the store's owner was shot several times and taken to Ben Taub General Hospital, where he remains hospitalized.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment 39 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians