Suspected drunk driver causes big mess in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Residents in northwest Harris County will begin the weekend cleaning up a big mess in their neighborhood, all thanks to a suspected drunk driver.
It happened at a neighborhood near TC Jester and Spears road last night. Residents tell us they thought all the noise was possibly from a lightning strike or a transformer, but when they came outside, they realized it was much more.
Witnesses tell us as they started walking from backyard to backyard, they came across the car and the suspected drunk driver, whose vehicle finally came to stop after running into a light pole.
"We're two houses down from my house," said Robert Hamilton. "He mounted the curb about 20 feet from my house. He took out the street sign, then he took out my fence. Then he took out the other fence."
At this point, we don't know the identity of the driver. He was given a field sobriety test last night and taken to jail. As far as injuries, fortunately, there were none.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot 24 min ago
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH 29 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident
- 5 Things to Know for Today
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos