Suspects in deadly Subway robbery charged with capital murder, appear in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update on last week's robbery at a Subway restaurant that left one customer dead: both of the suspects in the case have made their first appearances in court.
Yesterday, 17-year-olds Dante Wayne Talbert and Xavier Bernard Jones heard the charges of capital murder that were brought against them.
Prosecutors say the teens killed 36-year-old Christopher McGrew during a robbery at a Subway in southeast Houston.
Authorities say Jones and Talbert were in the process or robbing the restaurant when Jones began fighting with McGrew.
At some point, shots were fired and McGrew was killed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties 8 min ago
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- Building in NE Houston destroyed by wind-fueled fire 28 min ago
- David Tillman's Friday weather forecast
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos