Suspects in deadly Subway robbery charged with capital murder, appear in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update on last week's robbery at a Subway restaurant that left one customer dead: both of the suspects in the case have made their first appearances in court.
Yesterday, 17-year-olds Dante Wayne Talbert and Xavier Bernard Jones heard the charges of capital murder that were brought against them.
Prosecutors say the teens killed 36-year-old Christopher McGrew during a robbery at a Subway in southeast Houston.
Authorities say Jones and Talbert were in the process or robbing the restaurant when Jones began fighting with McGrew.
At some point, shots were fired and McGrew was killed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 14 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 5 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes 31 min ago
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Bakery owner turned hobby into successful...
55 min ago