Alleged pimp, drug dealer appears in court on murder charge in connection with north Houston motel shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect was in jail Sunday and charged in a deadly north Houston shooting.
Charles Nickerson was arrested Friday and appeared in court this weekend.
Nickerson is accused of shooting Roderick Culpepper in the stomach several times outside a motel on Airline on September 11.
According to the probable cause statement, the shooting stems from an alleged prostitution transaction.
Investigators said Nickerson allegedly shot Culpepper after a prostitute claimed the victim robbed her.
"The witness stated that the defendant was facilitating drug and prostitution transactions," a court clerk read.
A witness helped identify Nickerson and his alleged partner, Larron Ward, who is also charged with murder.
"The defendant then drove around the block and picked up Mr. Ward and the witness observed the defendant drive to the murder scene," the court clerk read.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape 19 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Ford unveils all-new Mustang
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking!
- Can you say this tongue twister?