Alleged pimp, drug dealer appears in court on murder charge in connection with north Houston motel shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect was in jail Sunday and charged in a deadly north Houston shooting.
Charles Nickerson was arrested Friday and appeared in court this weekend.
Nickerson is accused of shooting Roderick Culpepper in the stomach several times outside a motel on Airline on September 11.
According to the probable cause statement, the shooting stems from an alleged prostitution transaction.
Investigators said Nickerson allegedly shot Culpepper after a prostitute claimed the victim robbed her.
"The witness stated that the defendant was facilitating drug and prostitution transactions," a court clerk read.
A witness helped identify Nickerson and his alleged partner, Larron Ward, who is also charged with murder.
"The defendant then drove around the block and picked up Mr. Ward and the witness observed the defendant drive to the murder scene," the court clerk read.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 12 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John... 51 min ago
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians