Denny's hosts area-wide benefit for man killed during robbery at west Houston store
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Denny's is hosting an area-wide benefit to honor a man killed in one of their west Houston restaurants.
Robert Greig Placette was gunned down while trying to protect children during a robbery at the restaurant off of the Katy Freeway in late August.
Mario and Corey Hilton, Leroy Houston and Kenya Jackson have all been charged with capital murder in connection with the ambush. The suspects also shot a restaurant employee, police said.
The 57 Denny's restaurants throughout the Houston area will be donating 25 percent of each check Monday between 4 and 10pm to the Robert Greig Placette Memorial Fund.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 49 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 46 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant