Nigerian man dies aboard plane that landed in Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are investigating the death of a man who died on a plane that landed at Bush Intercontinental Airport Tuesday morning.
The plane landed around 8:25 in 2800 block of Terminal Road.
Authorities believe the victim, Nigerian native Benedict Sylvester Igwedike, 64, died shortly after United Airlines flight #143 departed from Lagos.
Detectives say after his death, the flight was rerouted to Dakar, Senegal. The plane refueled there and was then rerouted again to Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 14 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 18 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians