Suspected drunk driver leads police on chase in northeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is behind bars after Houston police say he led them on a chase.
The chase started around 1:30am on Chartes and ended on the Eastex Freeway at Cross Timbers in northeast Houston.
Houston police had tried to pull the man over on suspicion of DUI when they say he took off. Speeds reached 80 miles per hour before the driver finally pulled over.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale