Conroe man gets 13 years for sex trip with teen
HOUSTON -- A Texas man has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for taking a neighbor's underage daughter on a multistate trip for a week and having sex with her.
A federal judge in Houston sentenced 34-year-old Jacob Daniel West of Conroe. The 14-year-old girl was the subject of an Amber Alert during her January disappearance. West in July pleaded guilty to transporting a minor with intent to engage in sexual activity.
Prosecutors on Wednesday said West lived near the girl's parents although she was in her grandmother's custody. Authorities say West stole guns, cash and credit cards from a dead friend.
West and the girl traveled to Arkansas, Tennessee, New York, Virginia and the Carolinas. Investigators in Fort Pierce, Fla., located the pair at a hotel.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 29 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested 46 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 24 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 42 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church